Career Resource Center
Five Ways the Career Resource Center Can Help You
- Convenient walk-in services (no appointment needed) are available for NIU undergraduate students. Services are provided by our friendly career peer mentors, who are fellow Huskies trained to provide the career expertise you need.
- Want to learn how to access over 1,000 internship and job postings available through the Huskies Get Hired (HGH) system? We’ll help you set up your HGH account, search for internships and job postings, create saved searches, and even use HGH to identify the top employers you’d like to meet at upcoming career fairs.
- Our staff can review your resumes and cover letters and make suggestions for improvement.
- Develop your interview skills by working with our Career Peer Mentor staff to answer practice questions. Also, come to the Career Resource Center to rehearse the introductions you’ll use when meeting employers at career fairs.
- Getting started with LinkedIn? Visit the Career Resource Center to set up your LinkedIn profile. After you’ve mastered the basics, sign up for our advanced workshop (LinkedIn—Beyond the Profile) to learn how to gather alumni and company data from LinkedIn that will take your networking skills to the next level.